SPINACH & RICOTTA CANNELLONI
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2-3
1 packet TrulyGood Vegetable & Quinoa Lasagne Sheets:
200 g spinach
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 onion (diced)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 x 400 g tins of quality plum tomatoes
1 tbs oregano
½ a bunch of fresh basil (15g)
1 large egg
2 tbs Parmesan cheese
175 g ricotta
Zest of 1 lemon
125 g mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add 1 tbs olive oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the spinach, nutmeg, and season with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan to sweat the spinach, mixing occasionally. When the spinach is soft, remove it from the pan and place in a colander/strainer to cool. While its cooling, start the tomato sauce.
- Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onions and garlic, and gently sweat them until soft.
- Add in the oregano and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let it gently simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce tastes slightly acidic, add a sprinkle of sugar. While simmering, return to your spinach filling.
- Finely chop your cooled spinach and add it to a bowl.
- Beat the egg together with the parmesan cheese. Stir the ricotta, lemon zest, egg and Parmesan into the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rince your TrulyGood Vegetable & Quinoa Lasagne Sheets.
- Spoon some of the spinach and ricotta mixture along the long side of a lasagne sheet and roll into a tube to form cannelloni. Place the cannelloni in an oven dish. If need be, trim the cannelloni to fit your oven dish. Repeat until the mixture is finished.
ASIAN PUMPKIN SALAD WITH EDEMAME
1 packet of TrulyGood pumkin noodles (250gram)
3 cups shelled edamame beans, cooked and cooled
1 red bell pepper, julienne sliced
2 cups lettuce of choice (Kale / Baby Spinach)
1/4 cup of peanuts
1/4 cup of chopped spring onion
1/4 head of purple/red cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 lime juiced
1 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 cup toasted almonds
2 tbsp of sesame seeds for garnish
1. Combine edamame, diced red pepper, cabbage and spring onion in a large bowl.
2. To make your dressing combine soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, lime and garlic in a small bowl. Add dressing mixture to edamame salad and combine until salad is fully coated.
3. Drain the pumkin noodles according to package instructions. Slightly wok for minutes with 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Set aside to cool before adding to the edemame mixture.
4. Add in cilantro and mix again. Sprinkle toasted almonds on top.
- Izelle van der Merwe
ROASTED VEGETABLES & RICE DISH
1 packet of TrulyGood cauliflower rice (300g).
2 medium bell peppers (red & yellow), chopped into chunky pieces
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thick slices
2 medium zucchini, end trimmed, sliced through the length then cut into chunky pieces
1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut chunks
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Hand full of fresh basil leaves to garnish
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Spread the bell peppers, carrots, zucchini and red onion on a baking sheet*
Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper then toss to coat.
Spread into an even layer, roast in preheated oven 15 minutes.
Remove and toss in tomatoes, return to oven and roast 10 minutes longer.
Drizzle with lemon while still warm.
Prepare the rice in a seperate bowl according to the package instructions.
One the rive is strained top with the colourful roasted vegetables and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Izelle van der Merwe
VEGAN TERIYAKI MINCE BOWL
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 3-4
- 400g Mindffull Mince:
- 600g Vegetable & Ancient Grain Rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbs fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Chilli flakes (1 tsp if you like it spicy)
- 1 lime
- 2 Spring onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup mint and coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp salt
- Prepare all the ingredients as described
- Mix all the sambol ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- Prepare the vegetable rice as per packet instructions
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the oil
- Add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute
- Add the carrot and mushrooms and sauté for a further 2 minutes
- Add the vegan mince and chilli flakes. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and cook for another minute
- To serve, dish rice into bowls, top with the vegan mince, fresh sambol and garnish with spring onion, mint leaf and a wedge of lime
- Izelle van der Merwe