SPINACH & RICOTTA CANNELLONI
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2-3
1 packet TrulyGood Vegetable & Quinoa Lasagne Sheets:
200 g spinach
2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 onion (diced)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 x 400 g tins of quality plum tomatoes
1 tbs oregano
½ a bunch of fresh basil (15g)
1 large egg
2 tbs Parmesan cheese
175 g ricotta
Zest of 1 lemon
125 g mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add 1 tbs olive oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the spinach, nutmeg, and season with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan to sweat the spinach, mixing occasionally. When the spinach is soft, remove it from the pan and place in a colander/strainer to cool. While its cooling, start the tomato sauce.
- Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a pot over low heat. Add the onions and garlic, and gently sweat them until soft.
- Add in the oregano and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let it gently simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce tastes slightly acidic, add a sprinkle of sugar. While simmering, return to your spinach filling.
- Finely chop your cooled spinach and add it to a bowl.
- Beat the egg together with the parmesan cheese. Stir the ricotta, lemon zest, egg and Parmesan into the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rince your TrulyGood Vegetable & Quinoa Lasagne Sheets.
- Spoon some of the spinach and ricotta mixture along the long side of a lasagne sheet and roll into a tube to form cannelloni. Place the cannelloni in an oven dish. If need be, trim the cannelloni to fit your oven dish. Repeat until the mixture is finished.